NCTA Open Doors
Through a program enacted by the Washington State Legislature, we have been approved to run an Open Doors Program at NCTA. This provides students with the opportunity to enhance personal skills in a variety of academic areas while working towards a high school diploma.
We will work closely with students to ensure academic goals are being met, as well as assisting with career and college readiness skills--what we're already doing in our NCTA Skills Center programs! We will monitor each student’s progress regularly and adjusts lessons accordingly.
The curriculum is done in approximately 6 week module workshops so students as a learning community can dive deep into project-based inquiry and make academic gains during this time.
To qualify, students will need to:
- be currently enrolled (or has been previously enrolled) as a NCTA Skills Center Student
- have shown a commitment to and success in their NCTA Skills Center program
- between the ages of 16 and not older than 21
- be committed to earning a high school diploma
- not be on track to graduate, not currently in school (other than NCTA) or at risk of not graduating